Friday, April 22, 2011

Greasemonkey

I first heard about this amazing extension about a year ago. It was also the first time I completely dropped IE and started using just the other big three: Chrome, Firefox and Opera. It was only today that I realized how much I've been missing. I've always thought "why do I need this, I have extensions already". Yep, I was that stupid and ignorant.

So what are your waiting for? Go to the extensions page for Firefox, if you're using that, search for Greasemonkey and install it. You don't even need to understand what it is. You just need to know that it can give you more and better "extensions". You can even learn how to make your own, if you have the time and patience.

After installing Greasemonkey (in Firefox, Chrome doesn't need the extension) go to userscripts.org and look around for a bit. Here are two suggestions to get you started with Greasemonkey scripts: this and this as well

No comments:

Post a Comment